Here are some tips to change your child’s diet:
- Be an example! They need to see mommy and daddy eating healthy and be taught why.
- While the ultimate goal is to eliminate all dairy and white sugar from your child’s diet, let’s be realistic and gradually move in that direction. Slowly cut back on amounts of the “bad stuff”.
- Maybe set a goal that they eat 2 vegetables and 1 fruit before they get their “non-nutritive” snack.
- Keep in mind that there may actually be foods that your child actually doesn’t like so try to find alternatives.
- Be sure they drink enough water and steer clear of fruit juices.
Stay the course and gradually over time, you’ll get there! Remember, Rome wasn’t built in a day!